1. Will there be food and drinks at the end?
Yes, we will have food and drinks for all participants at the end of the race. There will be beverages in the pre-race area, at Theis Park and at aid stations along the race course.
2. Where does the race start? Where does it end?
All races begin and end at the Theis Park underpass/water-trail (Oak and 47th streets Kansas City, MO 64111
3. What if it rains?
We will run in the rain or heat. However, if it is unsafe to run/walk, the race director reserves the right to cancel the race. Please plan accordingly for weather conditions.
4. What if I'm unable to attend? Will I receive a refund?
There will be no refunds of registration fees for the race.
5. Do I have to register online?
6. Where can I find my race day photos?
To search for your race day photos, visit the results and photos page Race Day Photos
7. Where and when is packet pickup?
All participants will be able to pick up their bib numbers, timing chips and event T-shirts on Friday Sept. 28th from 3:30pm - 7:30pm. Location will be at the Cleaver Family YMCA 7000 Troost ave . Race day packet pickup is at the race site beginning at 7:05 a.m.
8. Where do I park on race day?
There will be parking at Kauffman Memorial Garden. Also, look out for the participant's guide to be emailed in early September.
9. What time is race day check in?
Packet pick up will begin at 7:05 a.m. on race day.
10. May I walk in the race?
11. What if my name is spelled wrong, my age is wrong, etc.?
No problem. Just email the race director at firstname.lastname@example.org to make the necessary changes to your registration.
12. I registered but can't participate; can I still pick up my T-shirt?
Yes. Please stop by and pick up your bib, and race shirt at packet pickup (dates and times are on the race page). Shirts and medals will NOT be mailed.
13. I won't be able to participate. May I transfer my registration to next year or give it to a friend?
No. We're sorry, but we do not allow you to transfer your registration for next year or transfer registration to another person. There will be no refunds.
14. I have a friend who would like to volunteer. How can they help?
Please go to the Volunteer Sign Up for more information on volunteer needs and to sign up.
15. Can a friend or family member pick up my packet?
Yes. Just be sure to let the participant know that you have picked up their packet to reduce confusion as we will not be able to keep track of who picked the packet up.
16. What charitable organization will my participation benefit?
Fellowship of Christian Athletes is this year’s spotlight charity.
FCA KC "The Core" is positioned at the heart of Kansas City and serves a multitude of ethnic and cultural people groups. FCA KC The Core strategically serves Kansas City’s most affluent and both poorest communities. The mission of FCA purposes to see the world impacted for Jesus Christ through the influence of coaches and athletes. With over 2,600 coaches within the heart of KC, FCA is working to reach every one of them to help equip and develop their leadership starting with their families and athletes. FCA recognizes that coaches and athletes carry the unique ability to destroy barriers and forge unity in building up communities. The goal of FCA in The Core is to unite KC through ringing the bell of Unity and Hope that’s heard around the world. Visit the FCA Website for more information.